Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sick Tunes!

Have you ever gotten queasy when listening to a particular song?

I have!

Here's why....

Many moons ago when I was pregnant with my first born we traveled to Annapolis, Maryland, for my brother's graduation.  I was in my first trimester and very nauseous.  During the long long long boring very interesting graduation ceremony I decided I needed a snack.  In a glass case on the snack bar I saw the most glorious sight.  A big, fat, soft pretzel with creamy, orange cheese for dipping!  At the moment it looked like heaven.  Boy was I wrong.  The first few bites made me very sick.  Everything went down hill from there.  I held it together until we got to our truck.  I curled into the fetal position in the seat and began to cry.  I just wanted to vomit!  I knew everything would be better if I could just puke!  I couldn't, however.  On the road back to Brian's uncle's house we got stuck in traffic.  An extra hour or more was added to our driving time.  Since I could not make myself puke I tried to make myself sleep.  At least then I wouldn't have to endure the sick feeling.  But, go figure, I couldn't make myself go to sleep either.

So where does the song come in, you ask?  Well, my husband had just discovered the band "The Fray."  He was listening to their new album and was playing "How to Save a Life" and "Over My Head"  over and over and over again.  I desperately wanted to tell him to turn it off, but I knew that my crying and gagging and whining was already pretty annoying.  I didn't want to take his music away, too.  So I listened to those two songs.  For hours!  All the while regretting that darn cheesy pretzel and wishing I could vomit.

So here's the weird part..... To this day I can not listen to either of those songs.  This morning, for instance, I was driving home from dropping my now six year old, eldest child off at school.  Suddenly the song "How to Save a Life" came on the radio.  I immediately thought "Cheesy Pretzel!" and started gagging!  I kid you not....I was violently slapping the dashboard trying to change the station!  The saddest part is, I really liked those songs BEFORE the cheesy pretzel nausea incident.  And now I can't listen to them anymore.  Wah!  Now that I think about it.....there was another song that made me sick as well.  It was a rap song that I remember hearing over and over and over again at work.  I don't remember what it was and I don't want to remember what it was!  I just remember grooming dogs with my lips pressed together and my cheeks puffed out because that's the "I'm gonna throw up" face I make.  (You just tried it, didn't you?) 

Anyways!  It still baffles me that a song can make me queasy.  It never happened when I was pregnant with my second one.  Did something like that ever happen to you?  Please tell me I'm not the only person with strange pregnancy issues.

Seriously...  I want to make sure this isn't all in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I appreciate your comments.