Friday, September 23, 2011

My Garage Sale "Woo Hoo!"

    For those of you who don't know, I LOOOOOOOOVE GARAGE SALES!  I also like thrift stores, but usually garage sales have better prices and you can bargain with them.  There's no better feeling than going to a garage sale and finding something you really wanted, but didn't want to pay full price for at a department store.  Well today that happened for me!  I was coming home from dropping Ian off at school and what did I see in someones driveway.....a huge stack of reversible floor mats!  You know the kind that are bright colors that lock together like puzzle pieces.  We purchased two packs when we first moved in our house to go on the basement floor where the kids play.  (Please excuse the disaster you are about to see.)

   They cost $21.68 for an 8 pack!  I've been wanting two more packs, but couldn't part with $44 of hard earned cash.  Soooooooo, I raced home and grabbed $20 I had stashed in one of my drawers and raced back to the garage sale.  The guy wanted $20 for the whole stack!  I said YES!
      So I got 40 mats, including the side pieces, for $20.  Retail would have cost me $110!  And yes, they are in great shape!  And guess what..... 
   I got a popcorn maker, too!  I only had $20 so I asked the guy if he'd throw in the popcorn maker and he said sure.  It never hurts to ask!  I just pulled it out of the box.  It's still in plastic and it looks like it's never been used. 

Thank you Jesus for this exciting find today!
I LOVE GARAGE SALES!!
(but not as much as you, Jesus)
 
Sincerely,
An Easily Excited Thrifter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I appreciate your comments.